Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Does anyone have information about diseases of the yucca elephantipes plant?

I've got a yucca plant in my office, and last week I noticed that some of the canes were starting to slump to the side, almost like the canes were becoming too heavy to support themselves. Out of the 6 canes, about half were slumping. I took a closer look today, and it appears that some of the canes are begininning to look a little wrinkly. I pinched them lightly, and some of them seem mushy compared to the few stalks that are ok. The leaves look very healthy, as a matter of fact, practically all of them have new growths. I only water it once every couple weeks. Finally I've tied up some of the canes so that they will not break due to the pressure of being slumped over. I love this plant, and it thrives in my office. I don't understand why it's started to react this way. About 6 months ago, I did have a problem with fungus gnats, but I finally got rid of them all. Does anyone have any ideas whats going on with this plant?

Does anyone have information about diseases of the yucca elephantipes plant?
it is drowning and yucca die from the bottom up


fungus gnats were a sign of rot and wet soil


then the condition worsened with time.


the reason you see new growth is the plant is trying to out run the rot.


No comments:

Post a Comment