Friday, May 21, 2010

Yucca plant leaves are shrinking at the tips and look dark and too soft am I overwatering?

I purchased a yucc aplant which i put on a pot with miracle gro potting mix. The pot has a subirrigation system which I overfilled for a few days. The plant's leaves have become shrunken frail at the tip with a dark green/brown color. They dont break if you touch them but they bend quite easily. What am I doing wrong. This plant is supposed to use very little water and I don't know if i messed up by putting too much water for the first couple of days but now it looks like its in bad shape.

Yucca plant leaves are shrinking at the tips and look dark and too soft am I overwatering?
My dear friend, YES---- Let it dry out and only give enough to dampen the soil. Once a week. GOD Bless you.
Reply:Yucca's a succulent so it does not need to be watered until the soil has dried out somewhat. It DOES need humidity which you're probably not getting in Chicago. You can try misting the leaves in the a.m. but not at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment