Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yucca Elephanti care questions?

I just bought a yucca pot that came with 3 yuccas plants. They are all different lengths. I bought miracle gro potting mix with moisture hold and used that to pfill up the empty space when transplanting into into a bigger plastic pot. Now, the pot I have has a 2 inch deep chamber at the bottom of the pot where you can pour water through a tube that reaches all the way up through the soil. The chamber has vents so the soil can absorb the water through it.





Should I be using the chamber and let the plant absorb water from the bottom up or should I pour water form top to bottom?


How often should I water it? Once a week?





Also, I live in Chicago and its cold out the room temp here is about 70-74. I have the plant sitting in the corner of the living room next to a window where sun light come through in the morning. I also have a skylight on top of the living room but its covered in snow.The plants gets light but not as much direct sun light. Sky light lets some light in as well.

Yucca Elephanti care questions?
Try it the way you already set up but if the plant shows any signs of decay then try it the other way.





That's what I've done with any kinds of plants I've owned.


You could always consult with the owner of your local flower shop, too. Just ask him/her about it the next time you stop in to buy supplies. They should know or at least be able to find out for you.





Hope I helped...


No comments:

Post a Comment