Friday, November 13, 2009

GREEN THUMB OWNERS, HELP!!! Can anyone help me by giving me more information about the YUCCA plant or tree?

I find the Yucca plant or Yucca tree a very attractive ornamental tree in a yard. I live in a tropical country; and, this kind of plant thrives in our climate. Although, we do not have one in our yard, I would like to learn more about this beautiful tree because we are about to have our yard professionally arranged by a landscape artist. Please, do help? Thank you!!!!!

GREEN THUMB OWNERS, HELP!!! Can anyone help me by giving me more information about the YUCCA plant or tree?
Yucca filimentosa likes full sun and sharpley drained soils, it will not tolerate it if it's roots are continually wet.





It is a very architectural plant .plant it with other plants that require sharply drained soils such and Sedum and stonecrop(many many varieties)and Yarrow
Reply:you will find that plants native to your area will survive and grow much better with less care than will something imported from another temperate zone.


Yucca are plant family Agavae or agavaceae and there are many varieties worldwide.





In Florida, the yucca is native and does quite well uncared for in wilderness areas. And the white flower spikes are most attractive.


No comments:

Post a Comment