Friday, November 13, 2009

Has anyone had any allergic reactions to feeding their horse devils claw/yucca in the form of B-L solution?

My horse has been on it for about 2 weeks and has experience this week a mild colic and today his legs were very stocked up. A lil help here.

Has anyone had any allergic reactions to feeding their horse devils claw/yucca in the form of B-L solution?
Why is the horse on it? For pain control, steroidal like effects?





I would immediately take him off and see if theres improvement within the next 2 weeks.





Personally I wouldn't wait, 2 wks and would pull him off now and have him seen by a vet. It sounds like a reaction to me.
Reply:My horse has been on it for a year, no problems.





HOWEVER- all horses are different and can react differently, just as people have different allergies, too.





I'd call the vet ASAP. It may be something as simple as your horse needing the pellets vs the liquid, or something like that. Or it could be a very big deal.


Stop the solution. Call the vet. It may not be related at all - but it could be deadly.


No comments:

Post a Comment